Geometry for dummies
Well, don't fret. You're in the same boat as almost everyone else. Geometry has about a million (a rough estimate) uses in real life – for example, you may have some home improvement projects you want to tackle; you have to know how to cut the wood at certain angles to make them fit together. ( Bet you didn't realize that carpenters have to be experts at geometry as well!) With a basic knowledge of geometry, building some bookshelves for your kid's room becomes so much easier.
Geometry For Dummies can give you that basic understanding of geometry, and you might actually have a little fun along the way. Written in a breezy, easy-to-understand, non-textbook-like style, this book helps you with all your geometrical dilemmas.
In Geometry For Dummies, you'll find out about the following topics and more:
- Understanding lines and angles
- Working up a geometry proof
- All those funny shapes: circles, rectangles, triangles, and the ever versatile polygon
- Having your Pi and eating it, too
- Taking the next step into trigonometry
- Doing someone a solid: Exploring prisms, pyramids, cylinders, cones, and spheres
- Top Ten list of cool careers that use geometry and tips for making geometry easier
- Appendices with formulas, theorems, and other helpful geometry resources
So whatever your reason for wanting to learn geometry – a home improvement project, helping your kid with his or her homework, or just a fascination with funny shapes – Geometry For Dummies is just what you need to recall what you learned in school and put it to good use.
|Grouped Work ID||393329ec-ccb9-d418-9c74-1566b68c3b73|
|Grouping Title||geometry for dummies|
|Grouping Author||wendy lynn arnone|
|Grouping Language||English (eng)|
|Last Grouping Update||2023-09-20 09:24:17AM|
|Last Indexed||2023-09-26 04:59:06AM|